A Lazy Girl's Guide to Makeup Removal

published on


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best at taking off my makeup. I try (or pretend to try) during the week, but when I go out on the weekends and come home late (and maybe under the influence of alcohol) the last thing I want to do is pull out a 384-step makeup removal system and go to town. Instead, I rely on one-step makeup removers to do the job most nights. Here are three of my favorite easy options, and the best part is that they're all extremely affordable and readily available.

1. Trader Joe's Micellar Cleansing Wipes ($4/20 at Trader Joe's): These are my go-to pre-moistened face wipes. They take all your makeup off with a single wipe, don't irritate your face or eyes, and don't leave a sticky residue. I have extremely sensitive eyes, so if they don't bother me, 'm sure you'll be fine. These are a good option to leave in your nightstand drawer and use when you're already laying in bed and dozing off.

2. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water ($6 at Target) + Koh Gen Do Cotton Pads ($12/60 at Sephora): This cleansing water is so gentle that you could probably squirt it directly into your eyes, and it wouldn't hurt (I mean, please don't do that, but you know). I love to use this to get off stubborn eyeliner and mascara, specifically. It does such an incredible job at removal, your makeup actually just disappears right off your face; I can't sing its praises enough. I prefer to use it with the Koh Gen Do cotton pads because they're extremely soft and well made, and you don't get lint all over the place with them, either.

3. Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil ($6 at Target): How this works: you put a few drops in your hands, and start rubbing it on your dry, makeup-covered face. The makeup literally begins to melt off, and when you add water to rinse the oil off, it turns into a milky cleanser. This is the ultimate one-stop cleansing method, because not only does it remove your makeup, but it cleanses and moisturizes too.

What are your favorite lazy girl ways to remove your makeup? I'd love to get some new products to add to my skincare regimen. 
RELATED POSTS

3 comments

  1. These are my favorite: http://lafreshgroup.com/travel-lite-makeup-remover-wipes-48-packets.html

    At home I just used a bottled makeup remover, but these are great for traveling, and they don't dry out since they're wrapped individually. And they smell great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound amazing! The fact that they're individually wrapped would be so so great for travel. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. I just bought the cleansing oil and OMG it's amazing! I don't think I've ever gotten all my mascara off before! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts