FOUNDATION ROUTINE: A FULL COVERAGE, DEWY SUMMER LOOK

published on

Today, I was getting ready for work and I realized I didn't have a dewy foundation routine that was also full coverage and totally flawless. (I've been sticking to the L'Oreal and Maybelline lightweight liquid-to-powder foundations lately.) A few minutes later, I had come up with this look, and I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. And no, I didn't use a filter on these pictures--my skin looks that glowy in person today (which you may totally hate, and think I look like I'm covered in glitter, but to each his own, amiright?).

Products I used: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness, Mac Prolongwear Concealer in NC20, Maybelline Dream Wonder powder, L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer, Maybelline Master Hi-Light bronzer in Light Bronze (used as blush), Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder, Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, Milani baked bronzer in Golden, Revlon Colorstay foundation & Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Maximum Coverage concealer. Not pictured: Stila highlighter duo in Kitten & Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer.



How to get the look:

Prime. I primed my face first with the Magic Lumi primer, and then I used the Bye Bye Redness in my trouble areas.

Perfect. Then I applied my Colorstay foundation with a damp Beauty Blender. Tip of the Day: If you want a full coverage look in summer, but don't want your makeup to feel too heavy, use a Beauty Blender to apply your foundation instead of a brush or your fingertips.

Conceal. I then concealed my under eye area with the Mac Prolongwear concealer and covered any blemishes or remaining redness with the Elizabeth Arden concealer.

Powder. Next, I set my under eye concealer with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder and set my face with the Maybelline Dream Wonder powder. Tip of the Day: If you want your makeup to look flawless, but not cakey, be absolutely 100% sure that your concealer and foundation have already set. You don't want to apply powder directly onto the wet foundation/concealer. (The Revlon Colorstay takes forever to set, so I went ahead and did my eyebrows and eyes while I waited.)

Contour. Once my face was powdered, I contoured the hollows of my cheeks and the sides of my nose with my Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer.

Bronze. Then, I went in and bronzed my face with a shimmery bronzer from Milani. I bronzed my forehead, temples and cheeks.

Blush. I used the Maybelline Master Hi-Light bronzer as my blush today because it gives you an amazing glow, and it's not too pink.

Highlight. Yes, I already did use a shimmery primer, shimmery bronzer and shimmery blush, but I'm a glutton, and I just needed MORE. So I highlighted the tops of my cheeks and the bridge of my nose with the Stila Kitten duo.

Set. Lastly, I sprayed a generous amount of the Urban Decay setting spray to keep everything in place all day long.

What's your go-to foundation been on these hot summer days? Are you more of a full-glam or a BB Cream kinda girl? 
RELATED POSTS

3 comments

  1. Every time I come to the blog, my eye gets snagged on this picture. I just love this. And of course, I already commented on it....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts