NAVY EYES & NUDE LIPS: A TUTORIAL

published on


After I brought home the Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadows on Thursday last week, I couldn't resist digging right in. I created this look for my Friday night date at Eleven.Eleven for Houston Restaurant Weeks. I had a ton of fun with this look, but the only reaction I got out of the boyfriend was, "oh... Yeah... Uh... I definitely noticed your eye makeup." So if you're into bolder looks, or if you want to scare the crap out of your boyfriend, then just keep reading for a full tutorial!

1. Prime your eyelids with a good primer. I used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, which is the best primer I've ever used.

2. Take Bella Cappucino, which is a satin matte cool-toned brown, on a fluffy blending brush and run it through your crease. Make sure your crease is nice and blended out, because working with dark colors on the lid can be a total pain in the ass.

3. Wet a flat shader brush using Mac Fix+ or a setting spray like Urban Decay All Nighter and use it to apply Bella Navy, another satin matte, all over the lid. You'll want to pat this on your lid instead of using sweeping motions in order to get the best color payoff. Another must is wetting your brush. I first applied the shadow dry but was unsatisfied with the color, so I went back in with the color on a wet shader brush.

4. Take Bella Cappucino and blend it through your crease again. This is the most time consuming part of the look because you want your Navy color to blend seamlessly into the Cappuccino color. If you think you're done blending, you're not. Blend again and again and again until your arm feels like it's going to fall off.

5. Take Bella Bronze on a pencil brush and blend this on your lower lash line. You could use any color for the lower lash line, but I'm a sucker for using bronzy shades along mine because it really seems to make my eyes pop.

6. Lastly, apply Wet N Wild's Brûlée to the brow bone and Make Up Geek's Shimma Shimma to the inner corner.
To finish off the eyes, I used the Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper to wing out my eyeliner and used the Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara on my lashes. I'll be posting a review of the Younique mascara later this week, so stay tuned for that!

For the rest of the face, I went for a dewy, bronzy look with neutral colored cheeks and lips. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that maybe it inspires you to use a crazy color on your eyes over the next few days! The Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadows have a ton of beautiful bright colors and can be found at most Walgreens for just $3.99 a piece.
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts