REVIEW: SALLY HANSEN MIRACLE GEL NAIL POLISH

published on

Photo from Harpers Bazaar.

CLAIMS: This nail polish is a two-step process that guarantees to give you a gel manicure without the need to cure your nails under an LED light. It promises opaque color, shine, and up to 14 days of continuous wear. It is also easily removable with just nail polish remover.

PRICE: I got a starter kit that contains one color polish and one topcoat. This was $19.99 at CVS. I also purchased two other single polishes (one was $9 at HEB and the other was $14.99 at CVS).

VERDICT: This is a pretty damn good product, and I will continue to purchase more colors in the line. My fingernails were pretty damaged (I have a bad habit of getting gel manis at a salon and then peeling them off. I know, I know. Sue me.), but this lasted six days with no major chipping. On the 7th and 8th days, the tips started chipping pretty badly, but honestly I didn't care one bit because typical manicures usually only last a couple days on my fingernails. My toenails stayed flawless the entire time I had the polish on. Two things I will do when I use this product in the future: (a) give my nails a good buffing before I apply the product, and (b) apply two coats of the topcoat. One was simply too thin for my taste, and I think two would've prolonged the wear for at least another handful of days. 

Have you tried this product out? If so, what are your thoughts? Have you tried out the Revlon version? 
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts