IN & OUT: THREE PRODUCTS I'VE PHASED OUT & THE PRODUCTS I'VE REPLACED THEM WITH

published on



OUT: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer in Light ($24): This is an amazing concealer, however, it's really, really thick. I found myself craving something more lightweight for the summer, so I knew it was time to rotate this out of my collection for the time being. Another reason I temporarily stopped using this is because it's super duper light. I bought the fairest color, which was fine in the winter time, but now that I've been spending some time in the sun, it made me look like I was wearing a white mask. This is not a permanent replacement; just a temporary switch.

IN: Mac Prolongwear Concealer in NC20 ($20): Now, for a lot of people, this wouldn't be considered a "lightweight" concealer, but compared to the Bye Bye Undereye, it feels like water. I wasn't thrilled with this when I first purchased it, and I think the only reason why is the color. I was matched to NC20, but it didn't give me that glowy, highlighted effect. Now that it's summer, it's just light enough to brighten my under eyes without being Kardashian-esque. Tip of the Day: If you have this and hate it, try a heavy duty under eye cream. It can be drying, but when I use it in conjunction with my Kiehls Avocado Eye Cream, it goes on seamlessly and blends like a dream. 

PERMANENT VS. TEMPORARY: This is absolutely a temporary shift. I have a feeling I'll go back and forth between these two under eye concealers for a very, very long time.


OUT: St. Tropez Bronze Tanning Mousse in Dark ($44): This a great tanning mousse. It's better than the original formula because it's so incredibly dark, and it lasts almost a week on me. However, the tan indicator is green. It's green. So if you slather this on, you can't just wait for it to dry and go out to dinner with your girlfriends. Unless you wear jeans and a turtleneck. (Or unless you're just that ballsy. In which case, props to you, sista.)

IN: St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in Dark ($12): I stumbled upon this at Ulta in the drugstore tanning side. I had heard a few YouTubers talking about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's not as dark as the St. Tropez, and it doesn't last as long on my skin. But it has two major pros: The tan indicator is a beautiful bronze, and it's 1/4 the price.

PERMANENT VS. TEMPORARY: This will be a permanent shift for me. Because of the St. Moriz $12 price tag, there's just really no way to justify buying the $44 St. Tropez version, even if it means I'll have to apply the St. Moriz one a bit more frequently. 


OUT: Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial ($45): I had heard rave reviews about this Sleeping Facial from Jaclyn Hill on YouTube. I thought it was a good product, and I used it all up. But... it smells weird. Maybe it smells like Greek yogurt...? It smells... bad. It's. Guys. It's just bad. I ran out of words trying to describe this. Bleh. 

IN: Mario Badescu Protein Night Cream ($20): First of all, this is less than half the price of the Korres. Secondly, this makes my skin look amazing. I put it on before bed, and when I wake up in the morning my skin is visibly more plump and firm. My pores look smaller and my fine lines are diminished. And lastly, it doesn't stink! It smells kind of "all-natural" if you know what I mean, but it doesn't smell like bad dairy products. 

PERMANENT VS. TEMPORARY: This will also be a permanent shift for me. The best part about the Mario Badescu Protein cream is that my skin looks fan-freaking-tastic. And isn't what what we're all after?!

I hope you liked this post! I got the idea from TTSandra on YouTube. She just did an In & Out Haul, and I had never seen anything quite like it before. It's a mix between a haul, a review and an empties post, and I'm pretty much in love. Are there any new things you've rotated into your routine lately? I'm dying to know if there's anything else I should replace in my collection.
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts