REVIEW: BAGINC & THE GOLDIE BAG

published on

I was stalking Sarah Hawkinson's YouTube channel at the end of July (who am I kidding? I'm always stalking that girl's channel), and in one of the videos I saw, she had just received an amazing, real leather Alexander Wang Rocco look-alike bag from Baginc. With my interest piqued, I started following the company on Instagram and researching their website. Cut to a few days later, and I had ordered my very own Alexander Wang Rocco look-alike (called the Alexa) and a 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli look-alike (called the Goldie; pictured above), too. 

Today, I thought I'd review both the company and the Goldie bag for you, in case you're in the market for some fine leather goods (said in a British accent, obvi).

BAGINC: This company promises to ship your authentic leather goods within 24-48 hours, and promises you will have your mighty fine handbag in your possession within 5-7 business days. I ordered my bags on August 1, and I didn't receive my Goldie bag until August 22. As for my Alexa? I never got my hands on that bag. #ripalexa 

Basically, what I think happened is that they lost my order. When I ordered both my bags, they were both in stock. When my bags never showed up, I contacted customer service about two weeks after I placed my order, and some of the Alexa bags were sold out. This included the one I had ordered (rose gold hardware. ::swoon::). So, I told them I would accept a different color bag in the same style. By the time the customer service rep read and responded to my email, all of the Alexa bags were sold out. ALL OF THEM. ...what? I mean, seriously, what?!

I asked for a refund of my money for the Alexa, and the prompt shipment of my Goldie. They shipped the Goldie bag immediately, and the money I paid for the Alexa was just returned to my bank account about two days ago. 

Basically what I'm saying is that the service is total shit. However....

THE GOLDIE BAG: I am obsessed with this bag. It's incredible quality, it's a beautiful, sturdy, crisp, white leather, and it was only about $100. I find myself just staring at this bag. I also find myself waiving this bag around like a mad woman hoping someone will notice how absolutely badass it is and give me a compliment while I'm in line at CVS.

The bottom line, for me, is that I will continue using this site because the bag is so freaking fantastic; I will just have to lower my shipping and customer service expectations. As soon as the Alexa bag with rose gold hardware is back in stock, I'll be placing my order and crossing my fingers that it doesn't sell out (again!) before I get my hands on it. 

RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts