YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER LASHES MASCARA REVIEW

published on


I've got a pretty interesting review to share with you today. I had the chance to test out the Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara, and I jumped at the chance. If you're like me, you've probably seen a billion posts about this mascara on your Facebook Newsfeed by now. I'll admit, at first I was skeptical (like I'm sure most of you are), but in all honesty, this mascara exceeded all of my expectations. I've used it for a week straight now, so I've got a pretty good idea of how I feel about this product. FYI: I tried taking pictures of my normal lashes for a comparison, but you can't even see them in photos. They're mid length and super blonde.

HOW TO USE IT:

Here's how the product works: You use this one eye at a time. First, you'll apply one coat of your favorite mascara. Then, you'll apply one coat of the Transplanting Gel. Before that dries, you'll apply the Natural Fibers. Lastly, to seal everything in, you'll apply one last coat of the Transplanting Gel. Tip of the Day: If you've already bought this, or if you're thinking about it, one thing to keep in mind is that the fibers work best if you apply them to the top side of your lashes instead of the bottom like a regular mascara!


PROS:

1. Volume & Length: This absolutely, 100% will make your lashes both extremely volumized and extremely long. I have mid length lashes that are very blonde, and they looked incredible when I used this mascara. 

2. Softness: I'm a mascara layer-er (inventing words is kind of my forte), so I've gotten used to crispy, crunchy lashes over the last 13 years of using makeup. The thing that surprised me the most about this mascara is how freaking soft my lashes felt. You can barely tell you have mascara on when you apply this. It's not only soft, but it's featherlight, too. I caught myself feeling my lashes nonstop the first day I tried out this mascara.

3. Pigmentation: The fibers are black and so is the Transplanting Gel. And they're not just black, they're jet black. I like my lashes to be as dark as humanly possible, and this product delivered just that.

4. Long-wearing: This is extremely long-wearing. As I explained in my mascara post, I always seal everything in with a coat of waterproof mascara because I have oily eyelids. I wanted to test this out properly, so I only used the Transplanting Gel to finish off the look. The first night I wore it, I had it on for nine hours and it didn't transfer at all. Not to my brow bone, nor down to my under eye area. I haven't had one single issue with this transferring or flaking since I first started using it.

5. Easy Removal: There's nothing worse than a mascara that either (a) is easy to remove, but transfers all over your face or (b) lasts all day but can't be removed no matter how hard you try. This mascara lasts for ages, but when you go to remove it, it comes off in seconds. I washed my face in the shower and when I got out, I expected it to be all over my face. But the mascara was gone. It was just  totally gone! 

CONS:

1. Price: If you're a drugstore girl, you'll probably balk at the $29 price tag, which is understandable. But for those of us out there that enjoy a splurge every now and again, this is worth your time and money.

2. Mild Irritation: I have issues with all mascaras and eyeliners. They pretty much all irritate my eyes, and this product is no different. I notice some uncomfortableness every so often, but honestly, for me it's not any different than with any other eye product.

3. The Need for a Separate Mascara: This isn't a problem for me, really, since I'm a makeup hoarder, and I currently have seven (seven!!) tubes of open mascara, but if you're looking to use this to replace every mascara you own, you'll still want to have one good one on hand for the first step of the process. My all-time favorite is the Jordana Best Lash Extreme, which is $2.99 at Walgreens, so a good option would be to purchase that one in conjunction with the Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara.

VERDICT:

Give it a shot. Seriously, give it a shot! Your lashes will be long, volumized, jet black and soft as all get out. I give this a 4.5/5, and will absolutely be purchasing this from my friend Paige in the future. 

Is this on your wish list? Or have you already tried out this product? If so, let me know your thoughts down in the comments! 
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts