2014 high end favorites

published on



Are y'all ready to bust out your wallets...? Because everything I'm talking about today is about to blow your mind (and your budget).

Lancome Teint Idol Ultra Foundation ($45): This is a full coverage demi-matte foundation that claims to last twenty-four hours, and although I've never worn it that long, I can get a solid sixteen to eighteen hour wear time. I'll usually blot my nose and T-zone once throughout the day, but that's all the maintenance it requires. (I love setting this with my Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Translucent. Perfection!)

Anastasia Brow Wiz ($21): I used this pencil a ton in the beginning of 2014, before I switched to the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade and then to the ELF Eyebrow kit. But I've recently brought this back into my routine because it's absolutely perfect to carve out the bottom of your eyebrows. I'll go in first with this, and really define the bottoms of my brows, and then I'll fill in the rest with my ELF kit. Seriously swoon-worthy.

Lorac Pro Palettes (One, Two & Mega) ($42): I COULDN'T PICK JUST ONE. I'M SORRY. BUY THEM ALL. These are the best quality shadows I've ever used. They're so soft they almost crumble, but you don't get tons of fall out. They blend easily and last forever, too. Unfortunately, the Mega sold out and won't be returning (the saddest, ever), but you can still pick up One & Two at your local Ulta.

Lancome Cils Booster XL Lash Primer ($25): Uh, hello, you tiny little miracle worker, you. I've never been a fan of lash primers, mostly because I find that their white color ends up turning your mascara gray. That's definitely not the case here. It will hold your curl, lengthen and thicken, but all the while, let your mascara be as black as can be.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($38): This is both the most effective and most gentle cleanser I've ever used (next to Philosophy's Purity Cleanser, which was a 2013 favorite). It's so gentle that you can open your eyes while using it, but it doesn't leave a trace of makeup behind. I'm almost done with my second mega-sized tube, and will be purchasing another one here in a few days.

MAC Prolongwear Concealer ($20): This concealer is my main bitch. It's full coverage, but has a thinner consistency. It lasts all day, doesn't crease, and can be used as an eyeshadow primer, too. Make sure you properly moisturize your under eyes though, because this can be a bit drying (and who the hell wants to look like a grandma with weird concealer smeared everywhere? Not I.).

Nars Sin Blush ($30): Dying. Dead. This is the perfect blush. PERFECT. Now... Quietly shut your laptop and run to your nearest Sephora as fast as possible to purchase this.

Nars Mysterious Red Velvet Matte Lip Pencil ($25): I've talked about this before on the blog, but it's in my top favorite red lipsticks of all time. The perfect mix between vampy and bright, this lipstick is a must-have for any girl with a red lip fetish.

Nars Ita Brush ($55): I paid $50,034,439 for this brush. Not really, but I did spend $55 on it. AHH NO. WHAT! Okay, but listen, if you're a fan of contouring, or if you're a n00b with a sky's-the-limit kind of budget, go buy this. You can contour your cheeks in seconds flat, and you don't look like a weirdo that drew on their face with brown crayon. Trust me. Just, just do it.

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Face Serum ($49): THANKS A LOT, ASHLEY. One of my close friends bought this for me for my birthday, and I'm obsessed. When she purchased it, the skincare expert told her it was like food for the skin. Ashley's skin did a complete 180 and is so, so incredibly beautiful; and now, after she spent her hard earned dollars to buy little ol' me a present, I'm reaping the benefits as well. "You are now cursed with loving French skincare." -Ashley, after she gave me this (rude, but also accurate)

I hope y'all like these kinds of posts, because coming up next is a 2014 life favorites. Get ready to talk about Taylor Swift, homies.
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts