first impression/review: maybelline fit me matte + poreless foundation

published on


My Skin: I have dry to normal skin, currently use the lightest shades in most foundation ranges and do not have sensitive skin. Because I've been ill, my skin is extremely dry (but not flaking or peeling) around my nose and cheeks.

Cost: $6

Claims: "Ultra-lightweight mattifying foundation for normal to oily skin. Tone + texture-fitting foundation for the ultimate natural fit. Mattifies, erases pores and matches natural tone."

Color Range: 16 shades

Finish: Ultra-matte

Lasting Power: 10 hours without issue; 12-14 with minimal blotting and some foundation wearing off on my chin and tip of my nose.

Pore-Erasing Capabilities: The Force is strong with this one. (If you've never watched Star Wars/don't know what I'm talking about, GET OUTTA HERE!)

Who can wear this: Only people who are combo to oily can wear this. The claim that "normal" skin types can wear this is completely inaccurate.

Un-Positives: This dried my skin out so terribly that I'm peeling today. And not just in the dry patches I mentioned earlier, but practically all over my face. I could not wear this two days in a row. (I wanted to wear it today and take photos for you, but I just couldn't do it.) I even used a hydrating sleeping mask last night, to no avail.

Final Score: 4/5. This is a beautiful foundation that lives up to practically all of its claims. Just stay away from it if you have dry to normal skin, please.
RELATED POSTS

2 comments

  1. Is this the one that has "blurring" powers? I think that's what the commercial says and I like the sound of that in terms of my pores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It really does blur your pores very well. They had a whole display of it at the Target by my house, if you're interested!

      Delete

Popular Posts