ikea alex five-drawer storage system

published on


I bought the Ikea Alex Five-Drawer unit a few weeks back, and I bought three of these utensil holders to go in them (they're $2 a piece!). And they fit perfectly. I mean, there's only about a half inch of extra space between the front of the drawer and the drawer dividers; and the sides of each line up perfectly. I highly recommend them if you're looking into buying an Alex storage system. The Alex also comes in a nine-drawer skinny unit, and a six-drawer wide unit on casters. But if you want something to become a seamless part of a desk, the five-drawer is the way to go. It comes in many different colors and is only $80.


Top Drawer: Powders, primers, concealers, moisturizers, setting sprays & beauty sponges. I use the back for miscellaneous things like Pledge wipes (white desks get dirty so fast it makes my head spin), extra deodorant, headbands and makeup wipes.


Second Drawer: Lip products, blushes, bronzers & highlighters. I put my lip glosses in the back, and my lipsticks in the front since I'm not much of a lipgloss kinda gal. (Actually, I f*cking hate lipgloss, and I'm in the process of getting rid of all of them and giving them to my friends or dumping them in the trash.)


Middle Drawer: Eyeliners, pigments, individual eyeshadows, eyebrow products, mascara & foundations. I know it probably seems random to have foundations in this drawer, but I like that the depth of this drawer allows me to stand all my foundations upright. I've been using a much wider variety of foundations now that I can see them all from a bird's-eye view.


Drawer 4: Samples & eyeshadow palettes. There is also a ton of random stuff shoved in the back of this drawer. #noshame #hoarder


Drawer 5: Nail polish & manicure tools. The polishes I like least are further towards the back, and my gel polishes are in the very back behind my manicure tools. Tip of the Day: If you're thinking about putting your makeup and nail polish in a set of drawers like this, make absolutely sure your polish goes on the very bottom drawer so it doesn't cause your storage to cave in or fall over.
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts