my all-time favorite red lipsticks

published on


When I was younger, I use to look back on photos of my mom with her blue eyes and red lipstick and laugh. The idea of smearing a bright ass red lipstick on your face just baffled me. But now that I'm almost 27, and I've been experimenting with makeup for the better part of my life, I've come to realize that my go-to look is winged liner and red lipstick. Today, I thought I'd pay homage to my totally gorgeous, amazingly stylish mama and share my all-time favorite red lipsticks with you.

Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet ($5.50): This is a creamy matte. It's a brighter red that's somewhere between the Nars and Flower colors I talk about below. If you're careful, you can apply this without a lipliner, but I'd suggest lining your lips just to be sure you don't look like the Joker.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Striking ($7):  This, again, is a matte lipstick, only it leans more orange on the lips. You can safely apply this without a lip liner.

ELF Matte Lip Color in Rich Red ($3): Matte... again. Now that I look at the switches of all of these, you really only need either the Maybelline matte lipstick or the ELF one. They're nearly identical. However, this one is slightly less matte and is definitely easier to apply with its thin tip.

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red ($25): By now it's become obvious to you that my favorite form of red lipstick is a matte, chubby lip pencil. And this is no different. Well, it is, because this lipstick actually is mysterious. It's perfectly in-between a bright red and a deep red. It's a matte finish that lasts all day and is incredibly easy to apply. No lip liner needed here!

Flower Cosmetics Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Coral Floral ($8): Again, a matte lip pencil, this color is a brighter, lighter red that leans more coral. This is perfect if you're new to red lipsticks or if you want to wear it in the daytime. And again, you don't need a lip liner with this one!

[same order as above]

What's your favorite red lipstick? I'm flat out obsessed, I'll admit it! (When I was writing this post, 4 of the 5 lipsticks mentioned were in my purse... #hoarder)
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts