tips for glasses makeup

published on

I realized the other day that I never wear my glasses unless I'm being a straight up bum. I decided to change that by scouring the internet for some tips on how to pull together a classic glasses look and then I got all dolled up for work with those tips in mind. Here are a few tips I used in order to wear my glasses but look classy and polished at the same time:

Wear a bright lid shade. The frames of your glasses can cast shadows over your eyes, so you want to make sure your lid and inner corner are bright. I like Wet N Wild's Brûlée for a matte shadow, or Stila's Kitten for a shimmery one.

Define your brows. You don't want them to disappear behind your frames, and if you have clear frames, you don't want your imperfect brows to be showcased.

Define your lashes. If you usually wear liner, don't skip it on days you wear glasses. And if you don't, at least make sure your lashes are nicely coated with a black mascara, separated and lengthened, so they will stand out.

Wear a lip color. Go with a bold red. Or a dark nude. Or your favorite gloss. Just don't throw on your trusty Carmex or worse yet, neglect your lips all together, because then you run the risk of looking like you just rolled out of bed.

Highlight under your under eye area, at least a bit. A concealer that's 1-2 shades lighter than your skin should do the trick. This goes back to the shadow-casting issue.

My makeup didn't take me any longer to do on this day, but just keeping in mind the fact that I wanted my look to be bright and defined really helped me feel comfortable wearing my glasses to work. I've made a pact with myself to wear my glasses to work at least once a week now (and not just on days where I want to roll around like a lazy walrus and not wear any makeup).
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts