MY SKINCARE STORY/ROUTINE

published on

Ready to hear something super embarrassing? (I even had a dream last night that I wrote about this on the blog and all of you started emailing and calling me and saying mean things.) I don't think I ever washed my face, this is not a joke, from my freshman year in college to my senior year. I wore Bare Minerals, and you can sleep in that stuff forever and never break out. In law school, I started using makeup wipes to "wash" my face every night, and finally on January 1 of this year, I decided to make it a New Year's resolution to take care of my skin and wash it every night. Y'all, I was so gross! I was straight up NAS-TY.

I'm happy to report that other than the occasional lazy night or the occasional raucous party, I wash my face every morning and night, and I take very, very good care of it. I had awful acne in high school (one of the popular girls even commented on it at a school assembly one day. I cried.), but once I started using Bare Minerals, it totally cleared up. I wasn't focused on making my skin look glowing or flawless, I just was glad I don't have zits from my forehead to my shoulders. Now that I'm taking care of my skin for the first time in my life, I can finally say that my skin looks good. It looks damn good. (I feel like I get a pass for saying something like that because I had to deal with acne, glasses and braces all at the same time. Whooooooo man.)

My Skincare Routine: Now that I'm no longer treating my face it's the inside of a dumpster, let's talk about my current routine. 

To remove my makeup, I use both the Neutrogena face wipes and the Simple eye makeup remover wipes. I had been using the Neutrogena wipes for both my face and eyes, but my eyes constantly hurt. Cut to my watching Sam Schuerman's recent favorites video, and now I own the Simple wipes and my eyes don't hurt like a bitch anymore.

In the mornings, I wash with the Fresh Soy cleanser and an EcoTools sponge, use the Fresh Rose Gel Cream as a moisturizer and apply the Kiehls Avocado eye cream [not pictured]. 

In the evenings, I still use the Fresh cleanser & the Kiehls eye cream, but I also use my Clarisonic, moisturize with the Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial and apply the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask (it tastes like straight up candy). Tip of the Day: If you have a Clarisonic, but it's breaking you out, try buying the Sensitive or Cashmere heads and using it once, instead of twice, per day. Also make sure you're not putting too much pressure on it.

If my skin is breaking out (I usually get 1-2 spots a month on my chin area), I'll use the Boots Botanics clay mask. You can apply this all over and remove it once it dries, or spot treat your problem areas. This is a good dupe for the Glamglow Supermud mask (which I also have, and is totally amazing... even if it does cost $75).

If my skin is looking dry or flakey, I'll use the Boots Botanicals microdermabrasion scrub and then apply the Tarte Maracuja oil after I use the Korres sleeping facial. Tip of the Day: Applying a facial oil at night after your moisturizer will help lock in moisture.

And if my nose is looking especially blackhead-filled (uhhhh nice choice of words, Court), I use both the clay mask and good ol' fashioned Biore pore strips. Yeah, yeah, I know pore strips are kind of gimmicky, but they're so addicting!

Tell me: What's the worst thing you've done to your skin? Any products revolutionize the way your skin looks and feels? Anything I should steer clear of?
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts