JULY FAVORITES & FAILS

published on


FAVORITES:

1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation: I wrote about this in my Favorite Foundations post. It makes your skin look flawless, gives it a dewy finish and allows for a medium to full coverage. I don't know what else to say about this other than I'm totally obsessed. (Ulta is currently having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on Neutrogena products... I'm tempted to go just to buy 3 of these foundations. I'm psychotic.)

2. Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation: This feels like a skin serum and not a foundation. It's flawless, but in a different way than the Neutrogena one: it's semi-matte and gives light to medium coverage. You honestly can't even feel this on your skin. (If you're contemplating buying the Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation, I've heard this is an almost exact dupe.)

3. Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma Eyeshadow: This is the perfect highlight shade. 

4. Makeup Geek Creme Brûlée Eyeshadow: This is the perfect blending shade. That's all. End of story. Nothing else to see here.

5. Rimmel Airy Fairy Lipstick: If you like makeup as much as me, you've probably spent your whole life looking for the perfect "My Lips But Better (MLBB)" shade. Well, ladies and gents, I found mine. I love this so much that when I first got it, it fell out of my purse in my car and melted into smithereens. I went out that very day and bought a second one. I refuse to live my life without this lipstick, and if that means I need to go to Ulta and buy every single one in the display, well then, so be it.

6. Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black: The notes are violet, sandalwood, vanilla, and Sephora describes it as "Sensual. Mysterious. Warm." I agree on all counts. The best way I can describe this perfume is to say that it's intoxicating. I'm obsessed with it, and have been for the entire month. It's pretty much taken the place of my Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume (which, by the way, smells like marshmallows and angels).


7. Minoux Tiny Bar NecklaceI bought this bar necklace way back in May, and it was backordered to June. Cut to a delay in production, and I got this necklace the week of July 7. I've worn it almost every single day since. The Anomie site describes it as "the perfect everyday necklace," and I couldn't agree more. 

8. Kendra Scott Morgan Studs in Navy Cat's Eye: These were an impulse buy. But, navy is my lifeblood (so is champagne. If you cut open my body, my veins would be full of navy accessories and champagne). I live and breathe navy, and when I saw these I bought them without a single second of hesitation. 

9. "Snowpiercer": The best way I can think of to describe this movie is haunting. I have never, ever in my life seen a movie like this. It has made such an impact on me, that I have woken up in the middle of four separate nights since I've seen this and the idea of this movie has kept me awake for almost two hours each night just replaying it in my head. Here's IMDB's description of the film: "Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges." Yes, it's that, but it's so, so, so much more than that. 

10. The SacconeJoly's YouTube Channel: If you enjoy watching daily vlogs, you'll love their channel. They're Irish YouTubers who just moved to London with their two babies and six Maltese dogs. And they're the most adorable people on the planet. 


FAILS:

1. Jane Eyeshadow in Lotus: This crumbled to pieces in my bag on my way out of Ulta, and then once I spent a good 5 minutes trying to stuff it back in the casing, I realized that the pigmentation is total crap. I've heard that the Jane eyeshadows are brilliant, so let me know which ones you have and love so I can give the line another shot.

2. Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: I got a sample of this at Sephora in the beginning of the month, and had read reviews where people were saying that this has changed their life. Look, I don't even have oily skin, and I wore this on Tuesday this week with the Lancome Tient Idol Ultra foundation and by noon my foundation had slid off my nose completely. This is not a joke: it slid off my nose and pooled up around the tops of my lips. I am not kidding. And the rest of my face was grease ball central. I've never had an issue with the Lancome foundation, so I'm looking at you, Becca primer, because you totally screwed me!

3. Pixel Party Proof Eyeliner in Down to Earth Brown: Party Proof? My ass. This got up in my eyebrows and slid down to the tops of my cheekbones. And it has no pigment, whatsoever. 
RELATED POSTS

2 comments

  1. I'm always looking for a good lipstick! Looking forward to giving this one a try. And, thank you for the "Fails"... I mean seriously! It's nice to see the things you totally should steer clear of. I have gotten to the point that I only use my Urban Decay Naked pallet for "fancy" outings because it cost me an arm... and then the rest of my Ulta haul cost me a leg, or two :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What shadows do you usually use in your Naked palette? I used to use mine a ton, but I kind of got into a rut with it so I never pull it out anymore! I'd love some inspiration!

      Delete

Popular Posts