BUY THIS, NOT THAT

published on


Dry Shampoo

BUY: Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo ($5). This dry shampoo smells citrus-y (like most of the Garnier products), the white powder is easily rubbed into your hair, and it really does make your hair look cleaner and more volumized.

DON'T BUY: Pantene Pro-V Blowout Extend Dry Shampoo ($5.50). Now, let me preface this with a little disclaimer: I have tried probably 15 different dry shampoos in my life. This is by far the very worst. It made my hair sticky. (Sticky!!!) And even though I only sprayed it in my roots, it made my hair sticky from root to end. I used this once and then immediately threw it in the trash. I couldn't even justify passing it on to a friend, because that'd just be a cruel, cruel thing to do. (I've also heard that the container leaks uncontrollably if you lay it on its side.)


Deep Conditioner

BUY: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm ($6). This product is a-maz-ing. It makes your hair look shinier, healthier and less damaged in one use. And it's only six bucks!

DON'T BUY: Macadamia Deep Repair Masque ($30). This is a great hydrating mask, but I didn't notice it making my hair look any less damaged. Basically, for $30 it's not something I need in my shower. I can moisturize my hair with the L'Oreal mask and achieve many other great results at the same time.


Wet N Wild Trios

BUY: Sun-Set To See ($3). This limited edition trio is beautifully pigmented, and contains all the colors you need for a look (it's a one-and-done palette, if you will). The look I posted here was created entirely with this trio. It's a fantastic fall palette to have. 

DON'T BUY: No Scalpers Allowed ($3). Stay away!!!!!!! This shadows in this trio completely disappear when you try to blend them, and they're not even pigmented in the first place. When I tried using this the other day, I swear to you that it looked like I just had on eyeliner and mascara. You couldn't see a smidge of color at all. I had heard that the limited edition Wet N Wild trios were hit or miss, and this is definitely proving to be true in my experience. 

In case you're in the market for some great drugstore finds this month, I hope you'll try out my "Buy This's"! Let me know if there's anything in the drugstore that I should be using, or anything I should stay far, far away from.
RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts