wearing red lipstick at work

published on


Last night I was contemplating whether or not I should wear red lipstick to work today. Normally, I'd wear whatever lipstick I want to wear (within reason), but this week my boss is in town, and we have clients coming in. So I stressed about it for a couple of hours (first world problems) before I finally I typed "work appropriate red lipstick" into Google. To my surprise, almost all the articles I read said that every red lipstick is appropriate for the office. I don't know why I had never thought about that before, but the second I started reading about it, it made total sense. A few things I read:


Forbes says that wearing crisp, brick red lipstick is a sign of power. 


"A perfect red mouth, with a bit of blush and a neutral eye shadow, always looks appropriate." -Napoleon Perdis


Red lipstick should never fall on the list of "What Not to Wear at Work."


The bottom line with wearing red lipstick to work is that you've got to make sure you're not wearing too much other face or eye makeup, your attire is conservative, and you apply your lipstick with all the precision you can possibly muster (which, I admit, is damn near impossible on a rainy Thursday at 7:45 a.m.). So whether it be as a power play or simply because I'm addicted to a great matte lip, I woke up this morning and carefully applied Model Co's Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Red Velvet before I headed out the door.

RELATED POSTS

Post a Comment

Popular Posts