smokey eye: lorac pro palette tutorial

published on


This weekend, that boyfriend of mine had a brilliant idea: let's round up our friends and go see some live music. Now, I know we're not in Austin, and thus not in the "Live Music Capitol of the World,"  but for $5 we were able to go see James Boogaloo Bolden, a blues trumpet player and singer that's been working with BB King for more than 30 years now. Needless to say, we had a great time, and I can't wait to go check out this Houston legend's shows more often.

For a late night blues show played in one of H-Town's biggest dive of a bar, I decided a matte smokey eye would be the only appropriate thing to do. Here's how I got the look.

1. First, I used a fluffy crease brush to put Taupe all the way through my crease. I made sure it was nice and blended since smokey eyes are a hassle to deal with sometimes.

2. I took a flat shader brush and patted Sable all over my lid and up into the crease.

3. I took Taupe on the same fluffy blending brush and went back in to blend the lid and crease together. (You may need to pack the color on the lid and blend it out two or three times to get the pigment and gradient you like.)

4. I placed Cream on the brow bone and blended it into the Taupe crease color.

5. I took a pencil brush and added Black in the outer corner, then took a smaller blending brush and made sure it faded nicely into the Sable lid shade and the Taupe crease shade.

6. I ran Sable across the bottom lash line, and then ran Black across the very outer corner of the lower lash line.

7. I finished the shadow by using my finger to place Nude into my inner corner.

8. I did a thick winged liner and finished everything off with a couple coats of Benefit's They're Real mascara.

I never, ever do smokey eyes, but I really, really liked the way this turned out; it definitely made my green eyes pop. I'll have to remember to bust out a smokey eye more often, and not just when I'm headed to a dive to listen to blues.
RELATED POSTS

2 comments

  1. This looks really good! What lip color is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash! It's the Sephora Lustre Matte lip color in Petal! It lasts forever on the lips and is only $16.

      Delete

Popular Posts